James "Munky" Shaffer is the lead guitarist of KoRn.
Biography & Personal LifeEdit
An adopted child, Jame's life was troubled. While he was trying to sneak out at night, he cut the tip of one of his fingers on a motorcycle chain, and while he was in rehab for his finger, he picked a guitar. He often played with Brian during his high school years.
He was the one who originally asked Jonathan Davis to join L.A.P.D., which eventually formed KoRn.
- Ibanez Apex|APEX1-BBK Munky Signature - Munky's current signature model from 2007 and onward.
- Ibanez Apex|Apex Prototype - Seen used on the Live from Montreux DVD.
- Ibanez K7 Series|K7 - Munky and Head signature guitars now discontinued.
- Ibanez K7 Series|K7 Protoype - The prototype for the K7 was long Munkys main guitar.
- Ibanez K14 Custom built 14 stringed guitar, used for the song Alone I Break.
- Ibanez RG Prestige|RG8 - 8 stringed guitar, used on recent tours.
- Ibanez Universe|UV7BK - Steve Vai signature model.
- Ibanez Universe UV7PW - Covered in duct tape with, all pickups removed except for a humbucker in the bridge position only equipped with a single volume control.
- Ibanez Universe UV7BK - Used during 1997 Lollapalooza tour.
- Ibanez Universe PRE-97 UV7BK - With replaced pickguard, now retired.
- Ibanez Custom 7-string acoustic - Used for the MTV Unplugged and the recording of the untitled album.
- Gibson SG|SG 6-stringed model, tuned down to drop-A.
- Gibson EDS-1275|EDS-1275 - Used during studio recordings.
- Fender Telecaster|Telecaster - 6-string model used on the song Kiss.
- Gretsch Hollowbody - Used during the recording of Evolution.
- Gibson Gibson Les Paul|Les Paul - Used during the recording of the untitled album.
- Saber S5407 - Seen in Blind video also occasionally used live during early tours.
- Silvertone (instruments)|Silvertone - Used to record the Blind intro.
- Dean Markley strings - .010 .013 .017 .030 .042 .052 .060 gauge.
- |BOSS DD-5 Delay
- |BOSS DD-6 Delay
- |BOSS HR-2 Harmonist
- |BOSS Metal core
- |BOSS PH-3 Phase Shifter
- |BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
- |BOSS RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay
- |BOSS RV-5 Reverb
- |BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive
- |Digitech Metal Master
- Digitech|Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
- Digitech|Digitech Synth Wah
- DOD Electronics|DOD FX25B Envelope Filter
- Dunlop Manufacturing|Dunlop Crybaby Wah
- Dunlop Manufacturing|Dunlop Rotovibe
- Dunlop Manufacturing|Dunlop Univibe
- Electro-Harmonix Big Muff|Big Muff π
- |Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Phaser
- |Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress
- |Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron Filter
- Tremolo|Guyatone Flip Tremolo
- |Ibanez Bi-Chorus
- |Ibanez BC9 Chorus Mode
- |Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
- |Ibanez LF-7 Lo-Fi Filter
- |Ibanez PM-7 Phase Modulator
- |Ibanez Tube Screamer
- |Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9
- Memphis Envelope Follower
- Phaser (effect)|Mu-Tron Bi Phaser
- Prescription Electronics Depth Charge
- Distortion (music)|ProCo Rat Distortion
- Talkbox|Rocktron Banshee Talk Box
- Roland corporation|Roland Jet Phaser
- Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2
- Whirlwind A/B Selector
- Mesa Boogie|Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifiers
- Diezel|Diezel VH4
- Line6|Line 6 Flextone Amplifier
- Rivera Knucklehaed
- Gibson Guitar Corporation|Gibson Amplifier
- Marshall Amplification|Marshall JCM 900